Monday, February 8, 2010

So you know how sometimes you forget that your parents were people before they were parents?? Well I had one of those moments today. I went to the Powerhouse Museum to see the 80's exhibit. So you walk thru this tunnel and then thru some hanging plastic curtain and into the first part of the exhibit. I walk up to the first tv/computer screen I see and its playing old TV ads from the 80's. So I stand at watch them thru and there's an old smarties ad I remembered and then this ad for Tooheys starts playing. Its footage of some guys rowing surfboats and racing etc. They come to the closeups, like afterwards in the clubhouse or something, and I see a familiar face. It was my dads best mate, then I recognised another face, then another then I scream out to my friend "Thats my dad!" I had no idea he had done the ad (obviously) and I had never seen it coz I was born in the mid 80's, so was way too young to watch it let alone remember it. I couldn't believe it, definately never expected that. LOL

Random day to say the least!!

1 comment:

  1. Nat you should check out the Tumblr blog, My Parents were Awesome!

    ReplyDelete